EmpowHER: Express Website
EmpowHER, a BA Women initiative, is an application-based, 8-week intensive summer program in Washington, D.C. designed for progressive women. EmpowHER will help participants, who already have Washington, D.C.-based internships, prepare for and succeed in their positions—and help to launch their careers.
This summer program has been around since 2012, but was never officially named and needed a little extra love to support the BA Women's Alliance's growth goals. To assist with these growth goals, we built and launched EmpowHERWomen.org to properly showcase the amazing work this program does and the incredible women who have turned into EmpowHER Alumnae.
CHALLENGE: Create an Express Website that seamlessly integrated the new branding, properly told the story and benefits of the program, and facilitated application submissions.
STRATEGY: Create a new website (previously was housed on the organization's website) to separate the two entities, ensure the navigation was simple, clearly and concisely tell the EmpowHER story and ensure the images properly represented the program.
- Built the site using our Express Website theme
- Integrated new branding elements to fully customize the aesthetics and branding
- Streamlined navigation
- Ensured there were clear CTAs on each page
- Connected application, donation and contact portals to backend databases to properly facilitate their business
In the first 30 days of launching the website:
- Achieved a 21% application conversion rate
- Drove 27% of all traffic to the application page
We are very excited for their 2019 summer program and can't wait to see the success that is to come for 2020 and beyond!
A powerful website
for powerful women.