We all know the Democratic National Convention (DNC) is coming to Milwaukee this summer and the city is buzzing! Regardless of your political affiliation, there's a lot going on, so many moving pieces, so much to do and so little time to do it!
So if you're a brand that either wants to get in on this historical Midwest hoopla or just simply wants to welcome and capitalize on the 50,000 people, over 1,000 events, and $200 million anticipated to be pumped into this city, we hear you. And we got you.
We're big fans of taking action and making moves, so in an effort to help businesses and brands market themselves for the Milwaukee 2020 DNC, we have spearheaded a coalition of creative service agencies in town to be your one-stop-shop when it comes to creating memorable experiences during the DNC this summer.
The Milwaukee 2020 Marketing Collective is a coalition dedicated to helping businesses maximize opportunities and exposure during the convention. We are have partnered with Mueller Communications, Seadog Creative, Swarmm Events, and Bublr Bikes, uniting some of Milwaukee’s brightest strategists and creatives to provide a singular outlet for businesses and organizations to access services such as event management, strategy and public relations, digital marketing, advertising, video, and photography.
We'd love to help you make a big splash at the DNC this summer, but if you're struggling to come up with a few ideas as to how you might be able to differentiate yourself, allow us. We've pulled together a few thought starters for you!
How Brands Can Make an Impact During
the Milwaukee 2020 DNC
- Commission an art mural by a local artist. If you're looking to create awareness, make an impact in a community, connect to a cause, and leave a (literal) lasting impression, this is a great move. We can help you connect with local artists, bring in a video and photo crew to document the process, loop in journalists to help tell the story and take to social media to ensure your vision is taken nation-wide! We suggest considering launching a landing page, pulling in specific hashtags, and creating a one-stop-shop gallery to showcase your mural.
- Create an Instagram-worthy Pop-up Museum. This is another great awareness play. For brands wanting to capitalize on the tens of thousands of people coming to Milwaukee and have them not only take a piece of you home with them, but share it with the world, Pop-up Museums should be on your radar. Once you visit Milwaukee, you'll appreciate the lakefront views and the up-and-coming food scene. Create a memorable experience to showcase your brand and capture the energy through photography and video to promote on your channels.
- Organize a company-specific Milwaukee bus tour. Looking to bring your team to Cream City and want them to really have a unique experience. We know people. Whether you're looking to explore the food scene, local breweries or historic sites, we can hook you up with whatever experience you're looking for!
- Sponsor Bublr Bike Stations & launch geo-targeted digital ads. Bublr is going to be one of the best ways to actually navigate the city during the DNC. So promoting your brand and getting your logo on bikes and/or bike stations isn't a bad idea. When you couple that with a strategic geo-targeted campaign, your impact goes through the roof!
- Host a launch event for a new product/service. Drum up a microsite, launch a compelling multi-platform campaign, get the press involved, invite a few key influencers, bring in video and photo to capture the energy, and throw one heck of a party to really bring your new release to the masses!
- Launch a creative and relevant campaign. It's the middle of summer and you have an influx of 50,000 people. If you're a beverage company, let's get a Pedi-cab or a peddle tavern to bring your cooling beverage to the masses. Maybe there's an Elvis impersonator serenading people. It's something to talk about. Snap pics. Viral sensation. If you're a women's health company, let's hold a bra-fitting workshop coupled with a kitchy outreach campaign discussing the very real issues of women's health.
The opportunities truly are endless. So if your brand is looking to get in front of thousands of people all coming to the city for the same event, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd love to welcome you to our city and help you have a blast!
Founder & CEO
Kiley Peters is the Founder and CEO of Brainchild Studios, a boutique audience research, content strategy, and website creation agency primarily serving brands targeting Millennial Moms or business owners. She is also the Founder of the Work From Home Playbook, a series of online courses guiding aspiring entrepreneurial moms through the steps of starting a virtual business. She also launched the Brainchild Fund, a nonprofit initiative to support women and girls in business and entrepreneurship Follow her on Instagram.more posts by Kiley →
Small Business, News
Small Business, Digital Marketing
Content Marketing, Small Business, Digital Marketing
Content Marketing, Small Business
Content Marketing, Digital Marketing