Your 2020 Guide to
Did you know that every 24 hours, Millennial Moms give birth to 9,000 babies here in the U.S.?
That's a pretty staggering statistic when you think about the number of onesies, wipes, and hugs given to these new little ones each day. According to Millennial Moms: 202 Facts Marketers Need to Know by Maria T. Bailey, Millennial Moms spend at least $750 billion (that's billion with a B).
With an estimated 19 million Millennial Moms in the U.S., that's an average of about $40,000 in individual annual purchasing power.
Every year, we survey over 400 Millennial Moms to better understand their behaviors, thoughts, preferences, likes and dislikes.
We hear from moms across the country with a wide range of interests, income, marital status, and education levels. This year we conducted proprietary quantitative research to better understand the behaviors, habits, and preferences of Millennial Moms in the following areas:
- Financial decision making
- Online purchasing
- Social media
Our education, healthcare and financial decision making research found:
- 87% of Millennial Moms endured a shift in their childcare situation and schedule due to COVID-19 related shut-downs
- 84% of Millennial Moms said that virtual learning contributed to their overall stress level
- 60% of Millennial Moms said managing stress is one of their top healthcare concerns and challenges
- 79% of Millennial Moms said it was very important that their primary care doctor listened to their concerns and cares about their family
- 41% of Millennial Moms have used telemedicine
- 91% of Millennial Moms are actively saving money
- 14% of Millennial Moms are debt-free
- 44% of millennial moms make 50% or more of their purchases online
They are living in an accurate state of burnout and the old "it takes a village" cliche rings true as these moms need support, sleep, and self-care to unwind and find joy!
These are just a small sample of the few of the insights we uncovered when diving into the current trends and unique challenges facing Millennial Moms today. And it's not all doom and gloom. Millennial Moms are optimistic about the future. They are collaborative, inclusive, and place a high value on connection and relationships over materialistic pursuits. Millennial Moms are leaders in the digital landscape and crave authentic connections.
Download the latest Millennial Mom research insights reports on education, healthcare, financial decision making, and year over year findings on social media and online purchasing behavior.
We aim to help you better understand and authentically connect with Millennial Moms so your brand or business becomes a magnet for this influential audience. If you have any questions or suggestions, don't be shy! Please reach out and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founder & CEO
Kiley Peters is the Founder and CEO of Brainchild Studios, a boutique audience research, content strategy, and website creation agency primarily serving brands targeting Millennial Moms or business owners. She is also the Founder of the Work From Home Playbook, a series of online courses guiding aspiring entrepreneurial moms through the steps of starting a virtual business. She also launched the Brainchild Fund, a nonprofit initiative to support women and girls in business and entrepreneurship Follow her on Instagram.more posts by Kiley →